Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My first recipe for baby

I have collected few recipes for babiesfrom different cultures and combined them all together. When I wanted to start the solid for my babies I was really confused what is the best for my babies that is natural and healthy for them.

So, here I am going to start with my favorite recipe for babies called "harire badam" or "Almond puree". This is originally a Persian recipe for babies which is very rich in vitamins and minerals. This was among one of my first foods that I gave to my babies and they truly loved it.

-Milk              1 cup
-Raw almond  5 ( I use organic almond from wholefood)
-Rice flour      1 table spoon  (preferably brown rice)

Leave the Raw almond in water 3 hours prior to your cooking. Peel the almonds and powder it.
Mix the powder with rice flour and milk. Heat the mixture in a small pan until completely resolved. In the original recipe they add half a tea spoon of sugar, (optional) but I personally didn't want to introduce sugar to my babies.

Leave the mixture until it becomes room temperature and serve it to your babies.

1 comment: